Plates / presentation of the plates rolling mill in VÍTKOVICE STEEL, a.s.
PRESENTATION OF THE PLATES ROLLING MILL IN VÍTKOVICE STEEL, a.s.
3.5 m Four-High Rolling Mill
The rolling mill was founded in 1971 and underwent a large modernization in 1999 which facilitated a considerable improvement of the rolled material geometry, surface quality and expansion of the product mix. Plates are made from concast slabs. Plates are rolled in the thickness range from 5 to 200 mm, and in the width range from 1,000 to 3,300 mm.
The plate product mix is designed for:
- Steel and bridge structures
- Ship building
- Transport machines and vehicles
- Abrasion resistant plates
- Pressure vessels used in normal, or elevated temperatures
- Special military engineering,
- Plates resistant against atmospheric corrosion
- Special use (e.g. longitudinally profiled plates)
- Flame cut shapes
- Offshore structures
Quality management system and environmental management system, product certification
VÍTKOVICE STEEL, a.s. holds the Quality Management System (QMS) Certificate acc. to EN ISO 9001:2008
and Enviromantal Management Sysem Certificate (EMS) acc. to EN ISO 14001:2004.
VÍTKOVICE STEEL, a.s. has also certification of its products according to the requirements of classification societies and legislation.